Sunday, May 8, 2011

Praise for Comfort

It's been a while since posting last because this spring has been a pretty hard one. In March I lost my dear Uncle Dick who was my Dad's last living sibling. On top of that a sudden and severe illness sent me to the ER. The CAT scan revealed a rare condition that would take it's time healing. Praise God I am doing better with this.

April was no better as we needed to convince my brother-in-law that he needed to go the ER with oxygen, via ambulance. (Brother-in-law who has COPD and other critical conditions made it through another close call.) Two days following that three of my molars gave out, originally causalities of a walnut shell, as they just couldn't stand up to the teeth gritting over my brother-in-law. Thank God for pain medicine and the ability to have dental work done.

Today is Mothers Day and God has blessed us to have my beautiful 94 year old mother who is incredible health in our care. I thank God every day for my family that He allows me enjoy. Yes, He is the one who gifts me my family.

So why have I posted about sadness, loss, pain, and sickness in my happy place? Well for one I may not be alive today if it wasn't for my faith in God and the comfort and healing he has given me. The pains of this physical world would be unbearable. He has always been there and I can't imagine any moment of life without my Savior. I Love Him with All of my Being.

Praise to the God of All Comfort
3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. (2 Corinthians 1:3-4, New International Version, ©2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment